Disney's Beach Club ResortDisney’s Beach Club is a 576 roomed resort, sharing some amenities with its sister hotel, Disney’s Yacht Club. Their lobbies are connected and they share Stormalong Bay – the best pool of any resort in Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Beach Club is located on the Boardwalk and is the closest resort to Epcot. It’s just a few minutes walk away from its International Gateway entrance. That brings you out between France and the United Kingdom in the World Showcase in Epcot, which is perfect if you’re heading there in the evening for a meal or to see Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. If you’re aiming for Future World, earlier in the day (the bulk of World Showcase doesn’t open until 11am) you can nip on through to it and be at the rides towards the back before any of the guests arriving at the main entrance. And even better, you can short cut across the front of World Showcase Lagoon to Norway, home to Frozen Ever After – the queues for which get long, fast, giving you a small head start. As they’re so close, it also means you’re not far from Disney’s Hollywood Studios, so in a prime location for two of the parks!
Its name says it all really for this Resort – it’s a New England style beach club. The resort certainly has a deluxe feel to it, but you’ll also see sand and deckchairs. It has a slightly more relaxed feel to it than the stately Yachts Club next door.
- Sleep either 1 to 4 or 1 to 5, plus one child under the age of three.
- Bedding combinations vary, and can be any one of the following: one queen-size bed and a day bed, 2 queen-size beds, 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, one king-size bed or one king-size bed and a day bed.
- Bath and vanity area with 2 sinks
- Private standing or full balcony
- Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator.
- Microwave, rollaway bed and crib are available upon request.
The main choices are:
Standard view rooms have views of Resort grounds, gardens, parking lots or service areas.
Water view rooms offer views of a quiet pool or Crescent Lake. A few rooms offer a view of Stormalong Bay.
The Garden Club is a concierge option with views of the Resort Gardens or pools. Concierge service at the Stone Harbor Club, located on the fifth floor, includes personalised Front Desk and Guest Services, pre-arrival Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning, complimentary DVD rentals, turndown service and lounge with beverages, continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, cheese, cordials and dessert.
The Lagoon Club offers the above concierge service, with a view of the lagoon.
Martha’s Vineyard – wine and cocktail bar
Hurricane Hanna’s Poolside bar
Cape Maye Cafe – in the evening this buffet has sea-food as its feature but also serves up meats and salads
Beaches and Cream – this is a very relaxed diner-style restaurant – although many people stop by just for a dessert. They are famous for the Kitchen Sink which is 8 big scoops of ice-cream, topped with every single topping they have and an entire can of whipped cream – one for sharing! You can not make reservations for Beaches and Cream.
The buffet breakfast at Cape May Cafe features Goofy and friends
You also have very easy access to all of the dining options offered at the neighbouring Yacht Club Resort.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort is located on the Boardwalk, which also offers a wide range of restaurants.
- Stormalong Bay – taking up over 3 acres, this is hands down the best hotel pool on Walt Disney World property, with 750,000 gallons of water. Shared with neighbouring Yacht Club, you need your hotel key guard to gain access, as so many non-hotel guests began to try it out. It features a number of connecting pools, a lazy river, a shipwreck and a very high water slide. The pools are varying; calm, swirling, warm or cool. There is also an elevated tanning deck and sections of the pool are sand-bottomed.
- There are also quiet pools and Guppy Bay – a kids pool.
- Beach – next to Crescent Lake where you can relax on the deck chairs or build sand castles – but not swim in the lake.
- Water craft rentals, including Sea Raycers and Pontoon boats
- Ship Shape Health Club – a fitness centre complimentary to resort guests. Any spa treatments available will be at an additional cost.
- Tennis courts – where you can also book take private lessons.
- Lafferty Place Arcade
- SandCastle Club – a supervised kids club for 4 to 12 year old, allowing parents to have an evening off.
You’re just a short walk away from Epcot’s International Gateway, or if you prefer you can take a Friendship Boat. The same applies for Disney’s Hollywood Studios – although the walk is much further so the boat would be recommended. You can get a Disney bus to any of the other Parks or Disney Springs. An added advantage to this resort is that as the boat sails to and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it will make stops at some of the other resorts along the way – which means you have very easy access to Disney′s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course, located in front of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels – or you can walk to it.